Wednesday, March 30, 2011

I caved in to a hollyhock

Sad, but true.

Apparently I don't actually have a spine (see, a little book pun there).  Or maybe it was just meant to be.

I was looking for balloon flower seeds the other day--once again thwarted in my efforts by the fact that I couldn't actually find any for sale.  One more item to order ahead next year.

But while I was there, I happened to glance at every single other seed they had, just to see what wonders were available in the direction of the "H" flowers and saw my old love, the hollyhock.

If you read back far enough into the archives, you'll see that this isn't event the first time I've been sucked in by hollyhocks--last year I started some way too late in the season, but lost them to a heavy wind that knocked over the flat and let the survivors dry out before I found them.  

Maybe it just wasn't meant to be--or maybe the powers that be were just saving me from missing out on these ones! (I know, denial this bad has got to be a bad sign)

Look what I got, not just any hollyhocks but these beautifully lovely Thompson and Morgan Crème de Cassis ones!
from the Thompson and Morgan website

All kinds of Victorian old fashioned vibe from these babies, I'm so excited!--now if I can keep them out of harm's way...

2 comments:

  1. Dear Daphne, I am so happy to welcome you back (blogging) ... I missed you! Thank you for visiting my blog, and for your kind wishes. Good luck with your hollyhocks. They are beauties. P. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Pam! Hope you're feeling better and better with your recovery!

    ReplyDelete