Friday, May 7, 2010

Rose Talks a Little (lot) About Gardening

I thought I'd say a little something about my garden- which is flourishing.  :-)
 
I guess that's because I got a Bleeding Heart plant from my Grandmother, and although its practically done blooming, its still a big plant that's green

Both of my Bachelor Buttons, Black Ball (which is really maroon) and last year's Blue Boy are in the ground, and Black Ball has "popped surface". 

I have two Columbine-Harlequin Mix from last year (perennial) and three more planted, but still underground, and three of my new Blue ones also just seeds. and in the ground. 

Another last-year plant that is green is Hellebore -which I forgot I had. 

I also found a Violet behind our shed (don't ask me what it was doing there) and, finder's keepers, losers weepers, put it in my garden.

Finally, there's the Pink Pansies I got as seedlings (You see, I do cheat at this) that are in a line in the front. It all looks pretty good, if I do say so myself.


The picture on the left is of the three seeds I wish I'd planted this year: Moon flower, Foxglove (of my own), and Balsam. Especially Balsam. It just looks sooooooo pretty, doesn't it?

But today I bought some Canterbury Bells-Cup & Saucier Mix from Burpee and they looks really good too. Even better than the moon flowers and foxglove.  I can't wait to plant it in the summer!


No comments:

Post a Comment