Thursday, April 16, 2009

So this compost thing...


Just not so sure it's working out.

I've been diligently saving my scraps, cuttings, egg shells, and coffee grounds. Throwing in a few handfuls of dead leaves from time to time. I occasionally pour over it a glass or two of rain water or Brita filtered water. I even hoist it over and roll the barrel around at least once a week, sometimes more.

Honestly, I don't see any sign that it's doing anything at all.

It doesn't stink or even smell much like anything (small blessings, I guess). It doesn't feel hot or even luke warm. Just nothing ever looks different at all from the way it was when I put it in the barrel. Ever.

Not sure how long this is going to take. Maybe I'll get some progress when it's warmer out. Other than that, I guess it isn't hurting anything, but shouldn't it just do something?

No comments:

Post a Comment