Thursday, April 2, 2009

A Seedling Mystery

Remember that butterfly weed seedling? The one I was so impressed by because it was thread thin and hardly seemed able to grow into a perennial thick-leaved butterfly weed? Well, turns out it may not be able to do that!

Look what I found this morning in that cell:
Can you see those two new identical sprouts sticking up with thicker, more plausible butterfly weed leaves? So what the heck is that first thin seedling?!?

I planted these in a brand new package of Miracle Grow seed starter right from the bag, so it's probably not something that was in the soil that way. Could be something that blew in when I wasn't looking? I have half a mind to try and transfer it to another cell just so I can see what it grows into--I do love a good mystery!

No comments:

Post a Comment