Friday, April 10, 2009

Lilacs are coming

When we moved in here, there were some very young bush-like plantings already in place to make the place look less like a ship that had docked and more like a permanent home.

On one of the warmer days a month or two ago, when Rose and I felt like we wanted to be outside, rather than my usual winter state of "there's really no other choice, really?" I took a few minutes to notice the tags still on these plantings and see what they had planted there.

Turns out, we have not only:

Inkberry (a most un-holly like member of the holly family)

Snowmound Spiria

But also....

Lilacs, which I love.

Right now the lilacs are so little, less than 3' tall, but the buds are swelling and what a few months ago looked like a few bunches of dead sticks are suddenly looking like they're ready to burst into spring.

I, for one, can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment